Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weakness




Lack of strength? That I cannot manage things on my own?

How would you define weakness? Or let me put in a better way for you. What are the many ways you try to conceal your weakness?

I don't like to show people that I am weak. I don't want to take help when I am struggling. I don't want any advice. Thank you very much! The world crowns the one who is strong; the one who is an undertaker. But everyday, it is a humble reminder of how weak I really am.

We are so wired to be self-reliant, self-dependent, and self-sufficient that seeking any kind of help seems demeaning. But the fact of the matter is that if I am human then I am really weak.

The bible says that we are of the dust. (Genesis 3:19b).  God knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust. (Psalm 103) Hah, if I only recalled that DAILY!!

Everyday when I wake up in the morning, I need strength to carry on doing what I must. Grace to see myself as God sees and humbly acknowledges my true frailty and weakness. Then and only then, I will cry out to Him for help! Help to fight my sin on a minute by minute basis, help to be cheerful in the midst of impending uncertainty, help to always to look at Christ.

So, is weakness good? For me it is, as it draws me to Christ who is reliable, dependable and all sufficient!

 “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

No comments: