Thursday, June 13, 2013

Virtual Detox

I never thought I would need one. The amount of time spent on social media literally drained me of precious time.

C’mon what was I getting in reading people’s status updates on how bored they are or their evaluation about a movie that they just saw. Do I really need to know about the recent photo update or their likes?


Finally, for the first time I am off that social networking site for good and I pray and hope forever. I am thankful for the friends I connected with and for the wonderful quotes that encouraged my soul in times of discouragement. But I don’t need to spend endless hours browsing and scrolling on the news feed to feel happy.

It’s been almost a week that I am off it and I feel liberated. More time at hand, no more frustration. No pressure about removing friends and all that jazz!

Sanity is back and life goes on without a trace. I hope.

No comments: