Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Of Leeks and Chicken Soup

My first brush with leeks was in the book of Exodus (Bible) where the people of Israel craved for it from the land of Egypt. Ah there! I kept wondering what kind of vegetation it was that made them miss it so much.


Couple of days back, I had the privilege of setting my eyes on leeks. I needed it for a soup I was preparing for my family. Spicy chicken mushroom soup that needed a dash of leeks as a part of the recipe. It resembles the spring onions we know of.

The dish came out really well and I must confess the leeks did a good job in improving the flavors of the chicken soup on the whole.

Thank you Mr. Leeks!

2 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

I loved the soup!!!!! :D

Naiesha said...

Thank you :). The next is stuffed roast chicken. What say?