Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What my Cancelled Tickets Taught me...


After much deliberation and thinking, my sister and I had made plans to visit a new city as a part of our vacation. We managed to get the tickets as the trip was scheduled during the festive season. My sister made the itinerary of the different holiday spots we were to visit, places of historical importance and places to shop. Days were already blocked in our calendars and leaves from our respective workplaces were sanctioned. 

But what we did not see coming was all that we had planned was about to disintegrate....totally!! We had to cancel our trip as the situation in the city of our holidaying was a bit tense. One by one, we had to undo what we had planned and it began with cancelling of our tickets!

Few lessons that I learned:
  1. Things don’t go as planned. No matter how water-tight my plans may be, I am not in control.
  2.  It exposed my weakness on a whole new dimension. I am a creature and I am dependent on my Creator for all things. God is powerful, since what He plans always comes to pass. “I know that You can do all things and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.” Job 42:2
  3. When things don’t go as planned, I should be content and not dwell upon ‘What ifs’. “I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. “ Philippians 4:11b
  4. Trust God, especially in these situations. I should recall in these times that He is worthy of my trust. God is good and that every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (James 1:17)  
  5. Enjoy!!! Yes, I am learning to make the most of my time enjoying and doing what I did not plan!

1 comment:

Caroline Kaunds said...

This holiday experience was a humblin experience!