Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Of Transitions and Change


" Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts." said the novelist, Arnold Bennett. I couldn’t agree more! There is something about ‘Change’ that makes me weary. I can see adjustments, lots of adjustments and so much to give up in the process of reaching that ‘Change’. 

Where am I going with this? I have just emerged from a lot of change in my work life.  Change in my office campus and new work timings–it all felt too hard to bear.  Initially, I felt strange to the new campus despite the buzz of being in a new office setup. And to top it all, the change in the work timings, which I must confess was a blessing in disguise. 

And, now that I have quite settled in the ‘Change’, I kinda like it. It was a bit tedious getting adjusted to a new place but now that this has been scaled, I am grateful to God for the change. Maybe, on second thoughts, change is not that bad as I imagined, because it was an adventure and deep down, I enjoyed it!! 

Like someone rightly said, "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies."        

No comments: