Saturday, October 4, 2014

Coffee and Conversations

I have always noticed that conversations flow with ease around coffee. I wonder if there is any connection to it. Is it the caffeine that kicks in or just the environment surrounding it? 

I am not much of a talker. I like to observe and take in what I see. Talking takes effort and sometimes I feel we become vulnerable when we talk. But lately, I have come to appreciate conversations. Not superficial conversations, but real conversations that take place between friends,
between a parent and a child, between folks who are in love.

There is an exchange of thoughts and ideas. We get an insight into the life of the person we are engaged in a conversation with. In fact we spill a lot about ourselves with our words. 

Maybe that’s one of the reasons why sometimes I avoid long conversations. I am never comfortable with people getting an insight into me. But I guess, people figure out who you really are in the end. There’s no hiding in this world. So, I guess a cuppa coffee would be great!

No comments: