Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Different Strokes!

Lunch times are fun times! I get to interact with my colleagues during this time and chat on various topics. The topics vary every single day. In fact every time I sit down to eat, I ask myself, "Wonder what will be the topic today?"
Today as we were chatting away about exams and which board is good (for example)I just glanced at my colleagues and realised-Hey!! We are from different states. It was an amazing revelation to me!!. Right from Jammu to Assam, then West Bengal, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka(me!!) and of course from Maharashtra....
It was interesting to note the variety present and yet we all sat together enjoying our meals and enjoying each other's company. Isn't that great? People from different strata of society, lifestyle, culture, upbringing, influence, education sitting together! I love this about my country!! 
Apart from the fact that lunch hour is for relaxing and eating, it is also a time of appreciating one another, their cuisine, their ideas and so much more!! It is easy to gloat about our culture and our own language and feel proud about it which in reality is foolish. What is the common thread then? God is the Maker of us all!!

2 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

that is onen thing i love abt India.. the variety...its always a blessing to interact wid people of diff cultures.

Naiesha said...

Not to forget that we get to taste different cuisines...yumm....:)