Monday, October 19, 2015

3 Things I Learned from a 3K Race!

Last weekend I took part in my first ever 3K race. This was an initiative by BMC Software Company for a charity event called Global Run. My sister and I participated along with a friend of ours. The response from the people were tremendous. Around 1000 participants had gathered early in the morning to be a part of this event. Apart from the 3K category, there was the 5K and 10K one as well. I was amazed to see the number of people excited to run for a cause. The energy was electric.

Happy on winning the medals - Photo Credit: Axhat Singh
The event took off with a warm up by a zumba routine for the 5K and 10K category. Similarly there was a zumba warm up for the 3K group with the takeoff. I was one of the enthu cutlet dying to run for the 3K category. And boy! I had fun.

There were three things that I learned from this race.
1. Preparation: You got to be well prepared in advance for a race. It doesn’t matter how excited you are, if you haven’t prepared your body for such an activity, it will show. Ability to sustain in a race is the result of hours of commitment, discipline, and dedication done months or days prior to the race.
2. Endurance: Well, you got to have them in abundance as it is the fuel that will keep you from giving up the race in between.
3. Prize: The thrill of completing the race and receiving the medal is tremendous. The struggle, the sweat, and the effort put in boils down to that moment when you receive the medal.

I enjoyed taking part in this race and I am looking forward to many more like this.

No comments: