Thursday, June 5, 2008

Anchor of my soul

This is after a gap of more than a decade I am writing a poem.....I have no clue what really prevented me from writing all these years....Occasions when I made several attempts....but all in vain....Today out of the blue I managed to scribble a few lines ....It's a start for me at least....Can only thank God for it......

Walking down the path and thinking of the days gone by,
brings in a simple truth of who's been with me
the days when i cried and the days when i smiled
friends you ask, what about your dear ones?
No! not them as this journey was set alone
Been to places where my heart was wrenched with pain,
But all the way I had my Saviour at my side,
Faithful, Compassionate Friend.

He did not leave me nor desert me,
His promises kept my spirit from failing,
His words were honey, the 'Living Bread' to my soul,
He lifted me up when I stumbled
and set my heart to sing songs of “Heaven”
Journey will continue and even as I tarry,
I seek your presence O LORD.....
and cry out like those who cried to You in the days of old
“My stronghold and the Anchor of my soul.....”


5 comments:

Sim Talk said...

Dear Lord, pls bless my friend Nasa coz she knows none other than your godliness...n will always look up to you for guidance! Show her thy way :-)

Caroline Kaunds said...

hey nice poem...u shud continue writing and make a collection..

Naiesha said...

-Smita-Thank u dear :)

-Carol-Thanx a lot...I think I should do that.....

Ancy said...

hey dear...good one..i think u shud try composing some songs...u'll have a fan follower in me...

Naiesha said...

Songs! m not so sure...coz my poems don't rhyme at all...Thanks Ancy!! Gud to have u around in Blogosphere....