Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My friend's wedding

Last Sunday I attended my ex-colleague's wedding and boy! it was a different experience altogether. It was the first I was a witness to a Sikh wedding. The wedding took place in a Gurudwara in Camp. I went along with my sis who was also completely bowled over by a cultural shock!

Why do I say so? It was for the first time we were surrounded by Punjabi and all we could hear was Punjabi. In fact the wedding ceremony was conducted in Punjabi!! You could say I was totally "Lost in Translation". But I enjoyed the experience and it felt so different meeting people from a different community who speak, dress and behave differently.

My friend was excited to see us and she looked so happy to be married!! She looked absolutely stunning that day!! Her joy clearly reflected on her face which made her look extremely beautiful. I wish her loads of happiness and an exciting married life ahead!!

2 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

i enjoyed the wedding too.. the food was yummm...loved the makai ki roti n sarson ka saag

Naiesha said...

One wedding that was so convenient to attend and yes! the food was fantastic!!