Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Memories...

Today as I signed into my email account, I was surprised to receive a friend request from the name that seemed vaguely familiar. The name was familiar but the surname was different, then I saw that the person had put her maiden surname. I was like wow! she's married eh?? Of course, I remember her-she was my next door neighbor in my dorm.

Suddenly I was flooded with memories of the past. It's been seven years since I last saw her man!! I am really excited about getting in touch with an old friend. So much has changed from what I was 11 years ago....When I think of this friend, certain things come to mind.

She was the first person who actually helped me find a room to stay (yeah, I was a hostelite then!). She was smart and handled the landlords well for a girl of petite built and only 17!!. She helped me open an account in the bank and took me to the bookstore to buy medical books for our syllabus. Yeah I was studying to be a doctor!!

Later on, when I shifted to the college hostel, she was my next door neighbor. The thing I remember about her the most was that she was very meticulous and her room was spic and span! Wow! the image is still fresh in my mind. I remember having long chats with her on various occasions where topics ranged from silly talks to politics (she loved to talk about politics).

As years passed, I moved on and made new friends and so did she. But whenever we met we greeted each other with a smile. After our internship, we lost contact, in fact I lost contact with all my college friends. The last I saw them was 4 years back. It will be wonderful to met her and recall those days where we made plans how we would like our future to be, little realizing that I hold nothing in my hands. How foolish we were back then! But whatever, they were some good memories to treasure.....

2 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

Oh i love catchin up with old friends.. they do bring back a lot of memories.. i still miss arti so much... i wish i cud meet up with her for coffee and just talk...

Naiesha said...

Who knows u may get a chance to do so.....