Friday, November 1, 2013

Downton Abbey

I came across this name a couple of times while checking blogs online. So I kept wondering, ‘What in the world is Downton Abbey? For starters, it’s a British period drama television series that was first aired in the year in 2010. It closely follows the lives of an aristocratic family called the Crawleys along with their dozen servants.

For some reason I was quite reluctant to watch these series. Who in the world wants to get entangled with the lives and happenings of the aristocrats? But entangled I did and now I am so much a part of their lives. It’s fun to watch the way things were in the last century and how people in that era responded to the rapid changes that took place.

It also makes me appreciate the things that I often I take for granted in my own life, like freedom, no class system, modern technology and so much more. But there are times when I wish I was born in that era. If only wishes were horses....


2 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

How much I had to force u to start watching it :P

Naiesha said...

Hahaha...that is trued...It is called-Inertia