Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NH7 Weekender—One Fine Day

As mentioned in my earlier post, my sister and I were supposed to attend all the 3 days of the music fest called NH7 Weekender. The tickets had arrived a while back and I couldn't wait to be a part of this experience. Little did I expect to fall ill.



Right before the fest, I came down with the flu. Now that’s what I call perfect timing. To be honest, I was miffed and quite disappointed. Maybe I thought, a little bit of rest should do it. Nothing. I was getting worse.

So, I missed the first day of NH7. I was too sick to miss the excitement. I managed to get the meds from my family doctor hoping to at least make it for the second day. Thankfully, the next day I was feeling a bit better and off I went to the fest. My sister and her colleague were with me so it was fun.

We mainly stuck to Dewarist stage and boy, it was fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed the ‘Raghu Dixit Project’. I am not into folk rock, but it was good. I was too tired to stand in front of the band, so I just sat on the lawn and enjoyed the music.


And yes, I got to attend just one day against the three days that I hoped for. I guess, some things just don’t go as planned. And I made my peace with that and cherished the time God graciously gave despite my health.

2 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

I know!!! I was sooo bummed u fell ill :( But m glad u cud atleast come for a day :)

Naiesha said...

Thankful to the Lord for the one day!