Friday, May 2, 2008

The Wonder of Maggi


I just finished a bowl of Maggi (noodles) and felt the need to write something on this snack that I have loved for so long. I clearly remember the day this snack was introduced and everyone were bowled by this yellow packet that contained "The noodles". It was the first time I heard about noodles and I was very curious to find out more about it. I think I was aged around 8 or 9...can't recollect much though. But I do remember the flavors they were released in- Chicken (my fav), Masala (for those who want some spice) and Sweet n Sour (I liked the taste, though it did not become that popular).

Those days Maggi cost only Rs 3/- Can you beat that??? Anyways the famous tag line that went with it was "Bas 2 minute" (meaning..only 2 minutes)....It was a rage in the country where people young and old became obsessed with these noodles....Many other brands followed and tried to create a niche but failed utterly..... Till today Maggi rules in the hearts of many alike and will always be my favorite too!!!

6 comments:

Sim Talk said...

Maggi....yummm...i am fortunate to share this snack with u, dis afternun:-) Yep, u bet ther's nothing so filling than having maggi..i have always loved masala as a flavor, tried chicken but found it too bland! If i am really really hungry the only thing i want to have is MAGGI-n den i am too full and done for the day :-) can we hav a snap of maggi ...pls....

Naiesha said...

Sure! Anything for u my friend....I like masala too, it's tasty!!!

Caroline Kaunds said...

even i wud like maggi now. maida wala..tired of eatin the atta noodles..

Naiesha said...

Hey we just had the "maida wala"...u missed it man! I think the diet thing is getting on to us...hahahaha...

mathew said...

Maggi is considered the agony food for many kitchen challenged bachelors!!..

I always want scrambled eggs with Maggi though..

Naiesha said...

Hey Mathew, never thought of adding scrambled eggs to Maggi...Hmmm..Will give it a try.....And thanks for visiting my blog :)