Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Give thanks!!

In my morning readings, I was totally taken aback by the verses in the book of Ephesians 5:20.
"Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ". I have read this verse so many times and yet failed to grasp its true essence. Simple as it may sound, so hard to practice. Why is it so?? Our human nature is bound to grumble at all times and be discontent in spite of what we possess and enjoy..

A wonderful remedy for discontentment and dissatisfaction; to always thank God for every little thing we have in our lives. And as a child of God, I do it unto my Heavenly Father and know that my thanks are accepted only in Jesus Christ. My heart just wants to sing this chorus....

Give thanks with a grateful heart,
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son

And now let the weak say,
"I am strong"
Let the poor say,
"I am rich"
Because what the Lord has done for us,
GIVE THANKS!!

1 comment:

Sim Talk said...

I bow to theee....the holy one!! :-P Wow, dats a whole lot of heavy duty religious stuff...but the bottom line is good that we remember God in someway or the other.