Thursday, March 6, 2008

Migraines

For the past few days I did not have a single migraine attack and that is quite an accomplishment as every attack cripples me. Physical pain is more of a friend than a foe as it has taught me innumerable things that I wouldn't have learned otherwise. To be sympathetic, compassionate and tender is what a migraine attack has instilled in me. Am I being sarcastic? No, not at all. In fact, I am thankful to the Lord for what He has designed for my life. God has comforted me in my attacks where I am a complete wreck. I am not saying,"Oh, how I love my migraines. No!! I hate them, coz the pain almost kills me. But these very pains have softened me and helped me depend on Christ for strength. Isn't that a blessing?".

"Who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Corinthians 1: 4

1 comment:

Sim Talk said...

Doc, i did not kno that you had begun enjoying your migraines:-) Well,an advise for you...don't think of it too much of a big thing, learn to live with it and it will come n go just like breathing!! You'll probably skip feeling like a wreck :-)