Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cartoon Cartoon


I am crazy about cartoons. In fact, I can eat cartoons, sleep cartoons and drink cartoons. This obsession started way back when I was four years when I was introduced to this unique world of imagination. The first cartoon that I watched was, “Spiderman”, that was telecasted every Saturday at 4pm. Then came the world of Walt Disney to whom I am eternally grateful for bringing all the lovable characters like Goofy, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse and Pluto. Then as I was growing up, I switched to He-Man and My Little Pony. The late 90's saw the invasion of a separate cartoon channel into the living room duly called, Cartoon Network. Am I thankful or what?

In my late teens, I entertained myself with Swat Cats, Centurions, Top Cat (Hmmmm u must have figured something abt me; I love cats), Captain Planet, Richie Rich, Josie and the Pussy Cats (cats again!) and crazy ol' Scooby Doo.....Hahaha...I tell u those were my crazy crazy days....I even watched cartoons that would annoy me such as Penelope Pittstop and Acme. But one animation series that took complete precedence over all these cartoons was none other than Tom and Jerry. (Cats! can't help myself here) I mean they are such a great duo and no matter how many times I watch them, they always make me laugh. Their love-hate relationship is so out of this world, they can not live with each other nor without! No matter how old I turn, Thomas the cat and Jerry the mouse will always rule my heart!!!

So this commences my series on “My Favorite things”, look out for more dear readers, there's a lot coming ur way.....

2 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

u knw wat i really miss watchin these cartoons..talk abt busy scehedules...

Sim Talk said...

Hey...dats a very very 'CATTY' article doc..nice to know people like to keep the child in them alive no matter how mature a mind they possess...in fact i'd suggest start ur story telling on Lord Of the Rings for ignorant readers like me!! I'll look forward to that:-)