Saturday, April 12, 2008

Does appearance matter??

Beauty and the Beast...ahhha.....how I love this movie!!! For the simple fact, that it has sweet memories attached to it. I first heard this story from my grandma, whom I dearly loved (she's no more) during our daily story time sessions. What struck me about this fairy tale was the Beast being the protagonist, the hero you would say, as I was used to the hero being the typical handsome, charming prince blah blah blah....This caught my attention as you all know the plot, where a curse was put on the handsome but heartless prince that turned him into a beast(a reflection of his own hatred and cruelty). And the only way the curse could be broken if the Beast learned to LOVE and receive (I would say EARN) the other person's LOVE in return. And that too before the last petal of the enchanted rose fell and withered (it was given by the enchantress-(btw she was the one who put the curse) Wow!! That's the plot I like...


What happens next, whether the Beast learns to love and earn true love in return is something you should find out for yourself (if you haven't watched this movie). There is so much to infer, we are so prone to judge by appearances, a lesson the heartless prince had to learn the hard way out.......Hmmmmm food for thought.......


2 comments:

Sim Talk said...

Hey...no fair...I want to know the story!!:-( and you also know it is soooooo difficult to get your hands on a classic like this.....pls continue the story;-)

Naiesha said...

Ok!! This is only for u, romantic at heart....